More than one billion children are severely deprived of at least one of the essential goods or services they require to survive or grow and develop normally- these include nutrition, water, sanitation facilities, access to basic healthcare services, adequate shelter, and education.
Nursing Beyond Borders is a 501(c)3 public charity which exists to deliver healthcare and education to children and their communities on a global scale. We focus on preventing disease before it starts by sending nurses to serve in our network of partnered orphanages, shelters, underserved schools, clinics, and their surrounding communities. Through our focused healthcare initiatives and educational presentations we empower children and families to improve not only their own lives, but also to impact the lives of future generations.
What We Will Achieve
- Decreased incidence of preventable diseases by improving current or non-existent vaccination schedules
- Education regarding proper sanitation practices for using the restrooms, cooking food, and trash disposal
- Helping local clinics see a higher volume of patients by providing skilled nurses to assist with the daily tasks of the local medical staff
- Classes and workshops for current staff to improve best practices for caring for their community
- Enhanced education regarding importance of dental hygiene to prevent cavities, and free oral exams
- Identification of individuals with poor eyesight in order to provide them with glasses to improve literacy rates
- Partnering with nearby doctors, clinics, and dentists to enable follow-up visits for the people with chronic issues.
- Workshops and classes for the community to learn about daily changes to their routines that can help improve their longevity and prevent future diseases and disabilities.