More than one billion children are severely deprived of at least one of the essential goods or services they require to survive or grow and develop normally- these include nutrition, water, sanitation facilities, access to basic healthcare services, adequate shelter, and education.
Nursing Beyond Borders is a 501(c)3 public charity which exists to deliver healthcare and education to children and their communities on a global scale. We focus on preventing disease before it starts by sending nurses to serve in our network of partnered orphanages, shelters, underserved schools, clinics, and their surrounding communities. Through our focused healthcare initiatives and educational presentations we empower children and families to improve not only their own lives, but also to impact the lives of future generations.
What We Will Achieve
- Decreased incidence of preventable diseases by improving current or non-existent vaccination schedules
- Education regarding proper sanitation practices for using the restrooms, cooking food, and trash disposal
- Helping local clinics see a higher volume of patients by providing skilled nurses to assist with the daily tasks of the local medical staff
- Classes and workshops for current staff to improve best practices for caring for their community
- Enhanced education regarding importance of dental hygiene to prevent cavities, and free oral exams
- Identification of individuals with poor eyesight in order to provide them with glasses to improve literacy rates
- Eye Clinics in impoverished areas to provide site to those that cannot work due to their inability to see
- Workshops and classes for the community to learn about daily changes to their routine that can help improve their longevity and prevent future disease and disability