Thank you for your interest. Please read below regarding the volunteer process:
1. Have a LVN, RN, or NP license (or equivalent) in good standing from the US, CAN, UK, AUS, NZ, EU, or from the country we are visiting.
2..View the available dates and trips, and determine if they line up with your schedule.
3.. Fill out the application form located here.
4. We do not require prior mission experience. Some experience with pediatrics is preferred, but not required. We like to take a variety of experience on the trips so that the new nurses can learn something from the experienced nurses.
5. We keep a list of ALL volunteers and will contact those chosen for an interview between 5-7 months prior to the trip date to determine if you are still interested in the mission trip. At this time you will be asked to sign up for a casual video Q & A time/date. We like to meet the volunteers prior to sending them overseas together. This is a great time for you to ask questions regarding the trip.
6. Once you have been offered a spot you will need to respond by the deadline to let us know if you are still able to go so that we can offer the position to another candidate if your plans have changed.
7. An initial monetary deposit -different for each trip (see future trip page)- will confirm your spot. This deposit is due at the time stated in the acceptance e-mail along with any forms that have been sent to you once you have been offered a spot on the team.
8. About 4-5 months prior to departure we will require the remaining amount due for the trip. You are welcome to raise all trip funds through tax deductible donations directly to our organization if you do not want to pay them wholly out of pocket. We require a large initial deposit because this will secure your plane ticket, and in most instances this ticket is non-refundable.
9. From the time you are selected and commit to a mission until the time you land in the country you will be sent correspondence from Nursing Beyond Borders that will help you prepare for the trip. (Please make sure your email server has not blocked email@example.com )
10. All trips will include an education component to the children and the community. We expect all volunteers to participate in teaching these healthcare components. These generally will cover something simple like, teeth-brushing, hand hygiene, diabetes prevention, etc. Information will be sent regarding the topics that will be covered for the different organizations.
11. We also encourage any supply donations you might procure; such as reading glasses, toothbrushes, toothpaste, hand-sanitizer, hand soap, combs, brushes, shampoo, and bar soap to name a few. Medications we frequently need include; children’s tylenol, children’s motrin, vitamins, tums, dewormers, and hydration salts. This is not required, but appreciated.
12. If you have any questions regarding the process please do not hesitate to contact us! firstname.lastname@example.org